Ride2Work is a national program run year round program that actively encourages thousands of Australians thinking of commuting by bicycle to give it a try. Existing riders can share their knowledge and experience with peers, as well as support and encourage those starting out.
The program is an initiative of Bicycle Network and supported by Bicycling Western Australia.
Benefits of cycling in the workplace:
- Improve health and increase staff productivity
- Demonstrate environmental responsibility
- Boost morale
- Reduce absenteeism
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions
- Build team cohesiveness and social networking
- Reduce operating costs
- Reduces stress and anxiety
- Is often a faster mode of transport during peak hour travel
- Is fun!
Read this article – The Adventures of a Middle-Aged Uni-Cyclist – for an interesting take on the challenges of riding to work (or university).