For almost 20 years, the Department of Transport (DoT) has offered over 500,000 Western Australians support and advice to help them find other ways to get to and from their school, workplace and around their local area.
Starting over 20 years ago as TravelSmart and evolving and growing into Your Move, their approach of delivering highly localised, personalised information, one-on-one conversations and ongoing feedback has been recognised and replicated around the world.
Your Move can help you introduce active transport strategies in your workplace, and get other employees arriving at work feeling healthier, less stressed and more productive for the day ahead. They can also work with you to find ways to save on fleet and parking costs and raise your corporate reputation. Riding a bike, walking, or catching public transport are great ways for employees to get more active on the way to work. Your Move can help workplaces:
- Understand how staff get to work and their interest in active transport with a handy survey tool
- Choose fun, engaging activities to get your workplace initiative going
- See what other workplaces are doing to get more active.
- Create a buzz around your workplace by inviting your co-workers to get involved
- Celebrate what you’ve achieved by sharing your story with your online community and earn points for each post.
- Reward and inspire staff who make the change by redeeming your points in the online shop. Choose from SmartRiders, bike repair workshops, walking tours and more.
There are heaps of simple ways to help your workplace make their move:
- Hold a bike to work breakfast or walking step challenge
- Mention public transport options or bike routes and facilities in staff inductions and on the workplace intranet.
- Provide or improve bike parking and change facilities to support cycling to work
- Offer incentives to use active ways to get to work, such as a time credit or travel allowance.
The Your Move website offers a supportive, professional online community of like-minded workplaces, with handy tools and resources to help you get started.